Monday, June 22, 2015

On the road again...

As I sit here on the eve of my first leg of travel in my new position, I cannot help but marvel at the differences in my life since my first business trip. I was at my previous employer for almost 8 years and traveled around the world. I felt like I was constantly on the road and I was.

Back then, however, I did not have a toddler and a husband and a house. I did not have the roots that can keep you grounded in both a good and difficult way. I have made the choice, however, to get back on the road because I am antsy. I am not a desk, 9-5 kind of person. I need to spread my wings and fly (literally on the fly part, not so on the spread my wings).

Things that have changed since I traveled for work last:

1. TSA Precheck is a real thing that can actually help you. Back when I was traveling before there were so few airports it didn't make sense to get it. Now it is everywhere and I am excited to utilize it.

2. Mobile boarding docks. Yes, they had them before but I did not utilize them as often as a print out at work. The only thing I am concerned about is keeping my phone charged.

3. No longer status. Stick me in steerage with all of the "normal people." LAME.

4. This company does not allow me to expense lunch. REALLY?

Bon Voyage ya'll. Off to Central Wisconsin.



No comments:

Post a Comment